Thursday, December 9, 2010

Countdown to Christmas - Wrapping Edition

It looks like time slipped by yesterday and I didn't get a chance to post.  So here is the post intended for Wednesday.

Wrapping is my favorite part of gift-giving.  Okay, my third favorite part.  My first favorite is picking out the most-perfect gift for someone.  My second favorite is seeing their face when they realize it is the most perfect gift.  So wrapping is third.  I really do enjoy it and I put a lot of time and effort into it.  It doesn't have to be an expensive thing either. 

One thing I love love love to do is make the wrapping paper personalized.  How do I do this without breaking the bank?  Buy two or three rolls (or ten if you have a lot of presents) of plain white or cardboard-colored wrapping paper.  It's available at most Walmart or Target stores.  Then, dig out stamps, magazines, cards, whatever it is that reminds you of your loved ones.  Then, decorate.

Well, it's not that easy.  First you will want to cut off the size wrap you will need.  Then decorate.  If I am stamping, I stamp before I wrap.  Otherwise, anything that is glued or taped on goes on after the gift is wrapped so I can make sure it's in the right spot.  Use ribbon, stickers, cut-out pictures, whatever it is that will make the wrap look as good as the gift inside.

I'd love to see your pics - so comment and leave them if you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment