Monday, November 8, 2010

Cold as Ice

I spent the weekend on my couch.  No, seriously, I was practically glued on the couch, willing myself to beat yet another bout of sinusitis.  It's no fun and I really can't afford to be sick right now.  I covered up, cuddled up with Buddy, watched movies and caught up on some fun reading.  I woke up and felt much better, ready to tackle the Mondays.  I even was EARLY for work because there was no cut-in-the-hill traffic.  What a great day!  To make things even better, my HR Director held the slowest elevator in the universe for me, so I wouldn't have to wait in the cold.  Super start to a Monday, right?!

I should have known it was too good to be true.

We walk into our office, which is located in an entertainment venue on the Ohio River.  We are lucky enough to have our own heat/air unit, bathrooms, kitchen, etc. and we don't have to share (I really hate public restrooms).  This lets us control the temperature, which is normally set to cool (thank goodness for space heaters).  Today, it was set to FRIGID!  No lie.  It was barely 60 degrees when we walked in the office.  Not good for someone who did everything right this weekend to avoid catching a cold. 

So I fight this insane chill as I wait for the sun to come up (it normally shines right on me until about 10:30 - but not today!), and the heat to kick in.  I turn on my space heater.  I pull on a sweater.  Then, I do the most brave thing I have done in a while.  Are you ready?  You sure you can handle this?!  I go down to my car and grab a Snuggie.  That's right - I travel with a Snuggie.  Good thing too.  Most days I think I would be the joke of the office.  Instead, today, I'm pretty sure I am the envy. 

I'd post a pic, but I think then I would definitely get made fun of.  Anyhow, be jealous.  Enjoy... and watch for a Snuggie giveaway soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment